As I enter the new year I always think of what has happened over the last year. I guess I am really glad this year is over. We all have our mistakes we made, some to embarrassing to share as well as the blunders we share with everyone. This has been a hard year for me, working 7 days a week most weeks, losing a job, finding a job, messing up the finances (this was really :( easy ), not enough time to work on my house and craft projects, as well as working on my self. Sometimes we offend people without really realizing it (my appologies to anyone I may have done this to), and forget about those closest to us, again sometimes the hustle of life just seems to take control.
This year instead of making a long New Year's Resoulution list, I have decided to make a task list, one that is easily accomplished with just a little time. My job demands that I have most weekends off during tax season. I can understand where they are coming from on this as I will be managing 2 offices (need lots of prayer here and a little more than 10 employees.) I have managed 1 office and around 10 employees, but that was a few years ago.
I am making a list but it will be something I can accomplish and maybe see improvement in my sewing time, cleaning time (the house is a pit 4 years of working 2 jobs as well as a car accident, I guess you get the picture, therefore I will not be posting these embarrassing pics LOL for my own sanity)
My unconventional resolution list is going to be posted on my side bar where I can cross off my accomplishments. I want to go full speed ahead but....I have to realize I am a work in progress, so....all my resolutions are WIP's. Notice I did not number them or set deadlines, as even a small dent will be an accomplishment.
- Find a new church and strengthen my relationship with God (seems when we get busy He didn't forget about me, I forgot to trust in Him) I guess this is where faith comes in.
- Clean out spare room for either sewing room or new roommate (1 not so high paying job this may be a neccessity).
- Find my house by shhhh....Decluttering!!!!
- Lose 50 lbs (I am excited about this slow moving task, I have lost around 10 lbs since Nov 15) only 400 more to go LOL (yes that really is 400 not a typo)
- Exercise daily even if it is in 5-10 minute spurts.
- Sew a little each month....UFO's, quilt kits I have bought and the mountain of fabric-to reduce my fabric stash.
- Learn something new this year.
- Take some ME time this year.
- Quit some obnoxious habits. LOL My son tells me I have these. Guess I am not perfect.
- Find laughter and goodness in people every day.
- Share the wealth, even if funds are tight, I can still open a door for someone or share a smile.
- Learn Stress management techniques. (this one may be really hard for me).
Jeanette and I enjoyed the advent swap so much, with her help I will be having a Christmas in July Advent Swap. I haven't finalized all the details yet. But sign ups and details will follow.
The 2010 Feb fat quarter swap will close Jan 20, 2010.
May you all be blessed today, have a great holiday and God Bless all of YOU!!!!!!