Pages

I can do all things in Christ who strengthens ME!!!! Phil 4:13






Saturday, April 2, 2016

Patience young grasshopper patience....

Do you ever have one of those projects that do not come together quite the way you want it to? Well I am making this Irish chain quilt and I must have been in a haze...well actually I had the wrong foot for half the blocks....yes the seam ripper and I have an awesome relationship right now. As you can see from the photo I have no idea how I mixed up all my pieces as well....some are in the right order others still have to be ripped and re-sewn....so I am starting over again.

I know there is a story or a lesson here and I am thinking that God has a bigger plan for me to hurry through my sewing and projects. In these instances I need to slow down pause and realize it is ok and will hopefully be ok as I should hopefully be the only one to see the havoc until it is finished then it will be something to be beautiful and cherished. Just like me I am a work in progress that God has not given up on, even though I make mistakes the end result will be a person with the insight that God has great plans for me. If I can weather the storm and learn to be content in a 1 room apartment AND I might add still be able to create beautiful quilts...I shall have no worries or fear...for the plan I can't see is far greater than my need to be perfect.

So today I have learned patience and my sadness in this mess will be replaced with determination knowing I am up to the task. Have a great day and God Bless you ALL!!!!

 
 
 

1 Extremely Wonderful People Said:

Kim said...

Oh I love Irish Chain quilts. From the little snippets I can see of the fabrics, it is going to be such a pretty quilt. Me and my seam ripper are the best of friends. Just visiting your lovely blog from the bottom of the world.