Pages

I can do all things in Christ who strengthens ME!!!! Phil 4:13






Friday, December 3, 2010

Tyler's Quilt


front, back, signature square

I made this quilt in 1997 and finished it in 1998. One never knows the impact of a gift. This year our Christmas party was at dad's motel and the main party was held in Tyler's apartment. The subject of I still have the quilt you made for me and can you fix it. When I make the quilts for people I hope they are used and literally worn out. At one time (pre-divorce) I figured I would be able to make many of them and all the neices and nephews and brothers and sisters and....anyone else who needed one would get one. I figure a quilt is a hug made from love.

I also found out that David, Tyler's brother took the quilt when he left home. Now David loved the quilt as much as Tyler. When Tyler went to visit his brother he found the quilt on David's bed. Well he did what any brother or sister would do...he took it home. I should have gotten a pic of Tyler with the quilt. I know I have one . but it is pre-digital 35 mm and of course I still haven't gotten organized from the painting of the kitchen and sewing room, because I am still working 2 jobs and blah blah. LOL :) (I just have to remember it is in baby steps).

As the story goes that evening when Tyler asked me to fix the spots the quilt is coming apart, he proudly showed me and told his brother see it really is mine. The wording has faded and I will trace over it. It says Made for Tyler by Aunt Kim finished 2/97, given by Uncle Arnie (my ex) 12/97. Now I have to tell you the quilt is a little small now as both boys are 6 feet tall.

Ahhh the memories I remember one little boy Shane cried when he received his quilt, of course he was only 4 or 5. Now it is a prized position. Funny how life turns out.


Have a great day and God Bless All of YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Extremely Wonderful People Said:

Allie said...

That's darling Kim, and SO gratifying for it to be used so well! I love stories like this. It gives me hope that my boys will treasure their quilts forever too.